Saturday 28 November 2015

Welcome To The Punch ( 2013 )










A criminal is on the run in London and one man wants revenge.





              Starring James McAvoy and Mark Strong.


              Written and directed by Eran Creevy.






It's hardly a knock-out movie.




You can't really fault the action sequences, they do exactly what they say on the tin and James McAvoy steals the show as a police detective in London with a chip on his shoulder the size of a Harley Davidson.



But where this movie lost me was in the plot.




I was confused 6 minutes in and I was confused an hour later and even when the so called plot was revealed in all it's glory, I was none the wiser. What is the point of any film when you don't have a bloody clue what is going on? The background music didn't help either. It was so loud I think the old woman who lives at the end of my row could have heard it. And she's deaf. Every movie needs light and shade and that's what this lacked. It was all action and not much character development or explanation.






I'm giving it a 6 out of 10 just because James McAvoy was in it.




No comments:

Post a Comment