Friday 27 November 2015

Dogtooth ( 2009 )










            Three teenagers live in total isolation 
                                   from the rest of the world.






Starring Christos Stergioglou, Michele Valley, Angelika Papoulia, Hristos Passalis and Mary Tsoni.



Written by Efthymis Filippou and Yorgos Lanthimos.



Directed by Yorgos Lanthimos.






This movie has taken my breath away! It is creepy, disturbing and darkly funny in all the right places.



From start to finish it gripped me to my seat. It's left of centre, incredibly odd and perfect in every way.




I don't know how anybody could possibly watch this without feeling their skin crawling on the back of their necks because it is pretty disturbing stuff. It felt like I wasn't watching a bunch of actors, it was more like I had been picked up and transplanted into this bizarre household. The ending came suddenly and I wasn't expecting it to finish so abruptly but it was probably the perfect ending to an amazing movie.




Dark. Odd and disturbing.





10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment