Tuesday 24 November 2015

Badlands (1973)









A young girl and a guy from the wrong side of the tracks meet 
             with devastating consequences.





Starring Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek.

Written and directed by by Terrence Malik.






This is an okay movie. It's better than average but falls short of ever becoming anything better.



Martin Sheen is passable as a rogue from the wrong side of town but Sissy Spacek's performance is a little ropey. I got the impression she was cast because of her looks more than anything else. I'm sure she's a better actress than this performance merits. The plot kept my attention but didn't excite me in any way.



The cinematography is good and I liked the location filming and the offbeat musical score. Badlands was released in 1973 but it does stand the test of time pretty well.





Okay



7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment