Monday 9 November 2015

Serpico ( 1973 )













A New York cop discovers that the force is totally corrupt.







Starring Al Pacino. Written by Peter Maas ( Book ), Waldo Salt and Norman Wexler ( Screenplay).

Directed by Sydney Lumet.






Reading some of the online reviews I realize I am probably in the minority but this wasn't my cup of tea.



If it wasn't for the wonderful portrayal of the main character by Al Pacino I probably would have switched off the TV. He was terrific and carried the movie in my opinion. The plot was average and was full of padding and I was losing interest towards the end. Some of the acting was questionably wooden and the less that can be said about Serpico's live-in girlfriend the better!



I think part of the problem is that it is considerably dated and is full of what are now considered Movie cliches so I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had watched it years ago.





This is my first Al Pacino film and I thought he was incredible and the location filming was nostalgic.

But on the whole I'll give it a 



6/10





No comments:

Post a Comment