Wednesday 23 December 2015

The Third Man ( 1949 )












A writer travels to post war Vienna to meet an old friend but finds out he's too late.





Starring Joseph Cotten, Orson Welles and Alida Valli.



Written by Graham Greene.



Directed by Carol Reed.







It's about time I watched another old movie so I couldn't resist this when I saw it on the TV listings.




I like it. It's a good twisty story that kept my interest all the way. The acting is good and the whole thing is pretty artistic and stylish. It's pretty dated but once I got into it it didn't really matter. It's was probably well ahead of it's time considering it came out in 1949 and I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't contain any melodramatic romantic mush. It was all about the story. The mystery.





I'm sure I would have loved this if I had been around at the time and watching it for the first time I was transported back in time and I felt like I was there. Oh and I love the background music, pretty quirky stuff.



Enjoyed.






7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment