Friday 5 August 2016

The Sweeney ( 2012 )










The Return of London's Flying Squad 




Starring Ray Winstone and Ben Drew


Written by Nick Love and John Hodge

                                   


                                     Directed by Nick Love






 

I was a bit too young to watch the original TV show although I know a bit about it. So I'm not too blind sighted by any memories of the original series. I recorded this a few months ago but never really fancied it but I was wrong. It's a decent movie. The script is really good and the acting and whole production is superb.

It contains lots of great action sequences and sharp, witty dialogue. Ray Winstone was born to play this role! There's nothing original to be found here, just a fun, lively movie with something for everybody. I was scratching me head a little bit towards the end because I always have trouble keeping up with these action movie plots but I think I more or less got to grips with it.

Overall a fun movie with nothing too deep or complex. Just a movie to enjoy. And I did.



A safe 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment