Thursday 4 August 2016

Sweet Sixteen ( 2002 )











A teenager from the wrong side of the tracks tries to build a new life



Starring Martin Compston and William Ruane 


Screenplay by Paul Laverty  



                                            Directed by Ken Loach




 

This is a gritty drama with plenty of colourful language from the get go.

It's not a fun movie, it's not exactly a laugh a minute. It's dark, it's real, it's disturbing. It's a bit like a lower budget, made for TV, council estate version of Trainspotting.

The acting is pretty decent and I liked all the location filming. The plot is okay, it kept my interest but it's not overly exciting. It's a short movie and probably long enough. But I really struggled with the Scottish accents. And I couldn't get the subtitles working on my TV!



Gritty. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment