Wednesday 27 July 2016

Out Of The Furnace ( 2013)










In a poverty stricken steel town two brothers struggle to survive.



Starring Christian Bale, Casey Affleck and Woody Harrelson

Written by Brad Ingelsby and Scott Cooper



Directed by Scott Cooper.

Never has the term 'dark and gritty' been more suitable for a movie.

It's grim stuff. This one kept my interest all the way and the acting and cinematography is good. It's not a bad film at all but it's also not exactly the most exciting film I've ever seen. I wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat.

It's quite compelling and it's not boring. I enjoyed it. In a dark, gritty, late night kind of way. I think it's the first time I've seen the three main actors in anything and they played good parts. There's also a small bit-part played by Forest Whittaker. I almost didn't recognise him but I don't think I've ever seen him in a bad movie. He's so versatile as an actor.

I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment