Saturday 31 October 2015

The Double Life of Veronique (1991)











             Imagine if each of us is matched somewhere in the world, 

             by our exact double - 

                   someone to share our thoughts and dreams.



               



                 Starring         Irene Jacob


                 Directed by   Krzysztof Kieslowski



                 Written by    Krzysztof Kieslowski and Krzysztof Piesiewicz





              

I loved this one. It is quirky, different and beautifully shot. 




There are no car chases or murderers on the run, just a wonderfully crafted and mesmerizing movie. It's a work of art as much as it is a movie and it had me glued to the screen. This was right up my alley, it's just the kind of oddball, quirky thing that I enjoy.


Brilliantly acted by Irene Jacob and she is incredibly beautiful as well. I can't praise this enough. I must watch more foreign movies, especially directed by Krzysztof Kieslowski.






Mesmerizing 



10/10














No comments:

Post a Comment