Thursday 14 January 2016

The Jazz Singer ( 1980 )









A Jewish cantor follows his dreams against his families wishes.






Starring Neil Diamond and Laurence Olivier.


Written by Samson Raphaelson  (Play), Herbert Baker (Screenplay) 

and Stephen H Foreman (Adaptation).




Directed by Richard Fleischer. 







I can't belief how lowly rated this is on IMDB,




I love this film!



Okay so it's as cheesy as a packet of Wotsits and there are a few movie cliches here and there but I enjoyed every second of this. I love the story. I love the acting. I loved all the cheesy romantic stuff.


There's nothing not to like about The Jazz Singer. It's just good solid escapism. I'm also guessing that it was quite controversial in it's day.





Did I tell you that I love this film? Now I need to go on Spotify to listen to more Neil Diamond!






10/10








No comments:

Post a Comment