Monday 11 January 2016

Citizen Kane ( 1941 )









The rise and fall of a publishing tycoon and the search for a lost word.





Starring Orson Welles.


Written by Herman J Mankiewicz and Orson Welles.


Directed by Orson Welles.





I'm guessing this was way ahead of it's time. I've seen a few old movies but none like this.


I found it really annoying in the beginning and the constant use of flashbacks and news reels was pretty off-putting. It did get better as the movie progressed and it more or less kept my interest, if only to find out the meaning of Rosebud!

It was well acted and the story is okay. It was quite artistic and stylish and definitely something a little bit different.




Maybe it doesn't stand the test of time as well as a lot of old classics but I enjoyed it.




7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment